Monday, June 17, 2019

Ardenne Abbey, Normandy

Working on my unpainted building pile and I decided to paint my Ardenne Abbey after visiting in May. I purchased the 20mm Raventhorpe Model some time ago and have never really got around to building it. I plan to build the main buildings surrounding the abbbey in 20mm so a lot to cram onto a 600 x 600 terrain board. The main features are the tithe barn, the grand gate and the port gate, along with the gardens. As the piece will only feature on some games I thought that the only permanent pieces will be the hedges and fences, and the gardens, so I can swap out for a chateau or something else on the tile also.
A feature around the property is a 2.5 to 3m stone fence, I have purchased a random stone roller to make them, stay tuned

Cheers
Matt



No comments:

Post a Comment