April 30 day Kit challenge!
So what is the 30 day kit challenge? Well, something I shamelessly copied from Gunbird and his blog "20mm and then some" back in 2017 when we chatted about doing something about our piles of shame.
When I moved to France I found I had a lot of unbuilt kits, particularly modern and ww2, plus some ww1 aircraft make up the majority. I also suffer from half built kit syndrome, as I like to paint the interiors, the pilots or drivers then assemble the kit. So with that in mind I'm starting the 30 day kit build, if you like join me and blog about it, steal the picture below if you like
Join me if you wish on Facebook, Blog and Instagram using the tag
Or join the fun on the
RULESGoals are simple, you will build your part built and new kits during the 30 day challenge:
- Any material (plastic, resin, metal, wood).
- New in the box or partially built, it matters not.
- Gun, tank, truck, aircraft, ship, figure animal? Your call.
- Kit must be basically finished, based if you prefer that, to qualify as a build.
- The completed kit must be ready for primer.
- Resin and metal upgradesets can be applied after the build.....the goal is to get kits built and ready for primer, not to finish them with paint and varnish etc.
- You decide how many kits/models you want to build in the 30 day period.
- You set the penalty for not meeting your goal (and after that it is the honor system)
My goal is the period from 1/4/2022 up to 30/4/22, each day I plan to work on a kit until I have completed my goal. My goal is grand total of 30 kits, If I can build more kits n the month, then bonus.
My penalty is that if I don't make my target, is not to buy another kit for the rest of the year :(.
So, starting with Day #1 (1st April 2022), I'm starting with some Allied /72 PST kits first then onto some more tanks and aircraft.