2021 Plans and Goals
Today I have set time aside for planning 2021, even in these uncertain times we still need to shoot for something otherwise you end up in the wilderness of nowhere. It is also important to focus as it helps with mind activity during these strange times.
2020 has had some highs and lows and we have taken those lessons and have already started to adapt our business, looking at how we can take advantage of the change in Tourism in France and the world in fact. With this in mind we have tweaked a few changes to our business, hopefully making a difference until a vaccination program has rolled out and a recovery for the French tourism economy has occurred in the future.
We will be releasing a New Holiday Wargame Package for pre-purchase as discounted rates for couples or a small family looking for a week long or more getaway holiday over the next 24 months.
Until the vaccinations occur broadly, it does look like large numbers of people gathering may be a problem so we will be limiting our number of guests to make it more private and safer for everybody.
The view of "Salon de Guerre" wargames salon across to the 17th century chateau opposite
French Wargame Holidays
This year our focus remains on couples visiting for a wargame and cultural holiday with us. Your stay with us with be low key and private, continuing our tourism awarded 5 star rating for service and delivery.
- The most exciting is new addition to our 18th century accomodation, we will be also offering an self catering apartment of 180sqm, 3 bedroom, large lounge, bathroom and cooking facility. This newly renovated apartment will enable a family or small group of friends to visit and the ability to lower their costs for a week long stay and reduce the cost of dining every day with us or in Mayennes' fabulous restaurants every day.
- We will continue our personalised private tours of battlefields and local cultural and historical locations in western France away from the crowded tourist locations.
- We will continue additions our wargames collection with its focus on local battlefields so a guest can walk the ground and play on the table while discussing the history of these important battles of military history.
- The addition of two new battlefield tours which will be announced and commence in late summer.
- Release of two French western theatre specific WW2 scenario books and a Medieval painting guide in spring, and hopefully a Revolutionary Wars rule set by the end of Summer (if play testing can be completed)
- Release of my 18th-19th century French buildings range released with the rules.
Wargames plans and Goals
My main focus will be on completion of the TTSFN (Total Terrain System For Now), followed by the completion and addition of miniatures for a "walk the battlefield in the morning, wargame in the afternoon"wargame and tour series. Then the release of the scenario books and the 18th century buildings with the rules.
Wargaming painting will predominantly be focused on additions to the collection the only possible new range will be the Franco Prussian War, plus a addition of a skirmish fun game or two for evenings or family gaming.
- Complete two Chateaux and gaulois fort build 1500 x 1200 board (by far the biggest project well underway)
- Complete Pegasus bridge tiles (pour the canal and river sections.....I know should of been done)
- Complete Ardenne Abbey tile, two buildings to be painted, plus tile done.
- Six more 600 x 600 crop field tiles
- Four more undulating 600 x 600 city tiles built for the city of Mayenne capture in August 1944.
- 20mm Buildings Standardising and basing buildings to drop into rather than on top of terrain.
- Two 300 x 600 bridge tiles with four drop on bridges
- Six stream tiles 300 x 600 and four river tiles 600 x 600 and two 300 x 600
- Eight 300 x 600 railway embankment tiles
- One large Railway station 300 x 600 tile
- One warehouse 300 x 600 tile
- One Railway junction and shunting yard 300 x 600 tile
- One bombed railway yard and station tile
- Trees lots and lots of trees......scratch built and based about 300 need renovation and manufacture
- Table scatter and mini dioramas, I have a few in planning mostly for ww2.
- One Wurzburg radar station 600 x 600 tile with bunker complex.
- One large railway bridge to cross a gorge 300 x 600
- Watermill board 28mm 300 x 600 for Baugé
- 28mm 18th-19th century buildings a master cast range resin or STL files
- 28mm Medieval buildings resin and STL files
- 28mm-40mm Roman Gladiator amphitheatre depending upon what I decide with the figures purchased. Low Priority
Wargames painting plans
- 28mm Hundred years War : continuation of my English, French, lombards and Scots. lots to complete, plus need to pick up a few boxes and personalty figures.
- 28mm Plantagent-Capetian wars continuation of my 1st Barons war project. I will be focusing on Arthur of Brittany revolt here locally against John Lackland.
- Breton Wars of independence continue adding figures, mostly French and mercenary troops left to complete, need to pick up some more cavalry and a box of infantry.
- WW2 20mm additions to my 1940-45 Germans, Americans, British, Canadians, French and Poles. Need to pick up some more shermans and American armoured cars, plus arty.
- 28mm French Revolution additions to the collection, a primary focus this year, picking up some of the new Revolutionary Armies Range of Chouans and Republicans to add to the collection.
- 28mm Normans additions always need more, waiting for the new Victrix Cavalry releases
- 28mm Vikings additions always need more, possibly another bag of Victrix
- 28mm Caesarian Romans additions I want to do another legion.....6th or 13th, I need a box or Warlord to complete this and some artillery.
- 28mm Napoleonic additions to my Hanoverians, Austrians, Russians, Prussians and French always handy. Lots to paint, want to complete some more French Guard Cavalry, Hanoverian cavalry and guns 1814 and my 1812 Russian Fusiliers and buy some of the Perry Russian cavalry when it is released.
- 40mm Gladiators or perhaps 28mm not certain yet.....a evening game addition
- 1/72 ww1 aircraft not high on the list but a itch....plus I have the kits built already just need paint.
- 28mm Imperial romans .......more additions another 200 odd figures Not high on the priority list but a itch that needs scratching and I have promised myself to complete them this year.
- Franco Prussian war....with Perry Miniatures new releases in plastic coming.......cannot resist!
- Cold war......ok not in France but I do want to complete my Swedes and Russian airborne as I received for Christmas the board game "Deadly Northern Lights".... and my BOAR/Falklands
- 1/1200th age of sail British Fleet and complete some more French.
- Arab-Israeli War 20mm I know not in France.....but still want too so much.
We are still renovating our 18th century maison my main plans this year revolve around completion of the outbuildings exteriors, another two storage rooms on the fourth floor in the main house and painting our shutters and doors on the main house, along with changes to the garden, including the Orangery repaint and courtyard paving, plus new stairs to the upper garden.....work never ends there.
Hopefully get as much painted and achieved this year as last. All the best to your plans