Monday, January 30, 2012

Vallejo Paint colours Auscam and Descam my solution

Having been asked about my colour solution for 20mm Australian Camouflage more times than I can remember at CANCON when I ran the Force on Force demo game, so I have decided to post up my solution, I will try to also do a step by step too.

Auscam

undercoat black
Vallejo Colurs unless noted
uniform base Iraqi sand 819
Dark green rabbits ears Black green 70980
mid Green rabbits ears olive green 967
light brown rabbits ears german cam medium brown 70826
dark brown rabbits ears Mahogany brown 70846
then apply vallejo black wash mixed 40/60 water









Descam

undercoat black

Vallejo Colours unless noted
uniform base Buff 976
grey rabbits ears Space wolves grey (Games workshop)
light brown rabbits ears german cam medium beige 821
mid brown rabbits ears horse tone bay 224 (coat d'arms)
Then apply vallejo black wash 40/60 water








weapons, metal work, radio antenna's and radio hand sets German black grey 70995, webbing clips, Radio bodies, ammo box's, Steyr's stock and magazine, carry handle and scope, goggle covers, Luftwaffe cam green 70823
Boots and early chest harness English Uniform 921
Boots and some SF chest harness and radio harness and head sets, knee pads and straps sets US field drab 873
Boots 70995 black grey
Nonnex gloves grey, black or green.


Note: Vallejo black wash 60% diluted with distilled water or satin varnish with a single drop of glaze medium (I find this helps to improve flow so the wash only lays in the creases), then allow to dry for a day or more, then you can also re highlight the colour's (I don't bother on auscam) then matt varnish and then complete the base.


cheers
Matt

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Matt, I have a question in regards to the Devland Mudd section. Do I apply the Devlan Mudd wash after over the camo or before I apply it?

    Sorry dont want to stuff it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after, then if you like re highlight

    ReplyDelete