Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Panzers in Normandy - SS Panzer Abteilung 17 Götz von Berlichingen

 SS Panzer Abteilung 17 Götz von Berlichingen

The next unit I want to complete is my 17th SS Götz von Berlichingen, as I collect information a recently released book for the 80th anniversary of DDay arrived on pre order and this week I finally sat down for a read on a very wet Mayenne day. 



The book was published by Maranes Editions Bayeux, authored by Stephan Cazenave & Stephane Neuhaus. I met the authors at the Normandy military Book Festival at Chateau d’Audrieu in June this year. 

Chateau d’Audrieu


The book has a lot of great photos relating to panzers of the unit, ideal for modelers and Normandy military historians. I suspect a number of the vehicles will enter my collection over the next 6 months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment